Foreword




The first time I learned and played Real Time Strategy (RTS) game was, way back into my early college days. The no.1 RTS game that time was Starcraft, then followed by Red Alert and then the more advance version of Command and Conquer Generals with a follow-up of the Zero-Hour.

Strategy gaming was a sort of heroine for me. An addictive stuff that fuels my imagination of conquering oppression. Blowing up tanks and buildings with all the effects of explosions and earth shattering sounds in-game was adventurous and fun. Not to mention the bullying of the losing team afterwards in the Real Life (RL), most them are my friends anyway.

But as time pass, technology has evolved in an anticipated pace. Like a sports-car in a high-octane double turbo charge! Almost a year after Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) conquered the Gaming World. And then there was silence in the RTS community.

There was silence but it did not die out with the makers of the Games. EA sports Released the Command and Conquer Generals and the likes like the Tiberium and Red Alert. And with the promise of the new engine and graphical update of The Generals 2 that was also killed by the Makers, probably because  of the unexpected storm of Warcraft to Dota!  Information was short-hand for me due to slow and expensive internet during that time. I never knew of anymore information regarding other RTS or why they never got into the field, except whatever that comes at the local shop, but by so far, C&C Generals Zero Hour (Contra) is Still the Best for me!

The Contra MOD for Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour, Was born on the year 2009 by Russian Authors if I am not mistaken. I met Contra probably a year or two after the "Last Stand" But they were already at Contra 007 when I first discover this MOD. With their vision of keeping this RTS game alive with the twist of balance and new Factions, it was a sure hit for me and the small community within reach!

Currently, this RTS MOD is at 009 Beta 2 phase. And we are having fun just like the good old days with a few new fresh recruits!

To the all Team who made C&C Generals Zero Hour Alive with MODing. Good Job Generals! Its more than just an Air Show!


If EA Game says "Challenge Everything", EFA Sports says "Challenge Yourself!" Would you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang in-between

Foreword

The first time I learned and played Real Time Strategy (RTS) game was, way back into my early college days. The no.1 RTS game that...